Chris’s Smith Island Cake
Phase 1- 4 Servings (1 Serving = roughly 200 Calories = 1.5 Shakes)
2 packets HMR Multigrain Hot Cereal (Available at Maryland Healthy Weighs)
2 packets HMR 70 Plus Vanilla Shake and Pudding (Available at Maryland Healthy Weighs)
2 packets HMR 70 Plus Chocolate Shake and Pudding (Available at Maryland Healthy Weighs)
7 tablespoons of Walden Farms® Marshmallow Dip
1. In a bowl, mix HMR 70 Plus Chocolate Shake and Pudding , Add 1 1/4 cups of water, stir to combine, and let sit 30 seconds to thicken. (Add more water if necessary to create a thin pancake-like batter).
2. Spray a skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium. Add 1/8 of mixture (about 1/4 cup). Cook as a pancake, flipping once halfway through. Repeat until you have 8 “pancakes”.
3. On a dinner plate, layer the pancakes one by one, spreading 1 tablespoon of marshmallow dip between each layer.
4. Whisk both packets the 70 plus chocolate together in a bowl with 1/2 cup of water. Add more water, 1 tablespoon at a time, and whisk until mixture resembles cake frosting.
5. Spread chocolate frosting evenly over the top and sides of the cake.
6. Slice cake into 4 slices and enjoy!
-Try different flavors of cake by adding fruit and extracts into the batter.
-Try different flavors of frosting (Peanut Butter Powder, Lemon Extract, Sugar Free/Fat Free Instant Butterscotch Pudding Mix)
-Try adding texture by crumbling an HMR Benefit Bar on top or between the layers.
-Get more volume by incorporating fruit in between layers, on top, or on the side.July 2, 2020 12:32 pm