6 Servings (1 serving = roughly 150 calories)
2 lbs chicken cut into serving pieces
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 cloves garlic chopped
1 medium onion chopped
1 medium tomato diced
2 tbsp fish sauce
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 cup tomato sauce
1 cup water
1 large potato cubed
1 carrot cubed
1 red bell pepper cubed
- Marinate chicken pieces in soy sauce and lemon juice for half an hour. Drain chicken from the marinade.
2. Sauté garlic, onions, and tomatoes for 2 minutes or until onions are soft.
3. Add chicken pieces and saute for a few minutes until meat is nicely browned and no longer pink.
4. Add fish sauce, stir and then add tomato sauce and water. Let the mixture boil and then reduce heat, cover and let simmer, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes.
5. Add carrots, pepper, and potatoes; cover and cook for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
(Original recipe found here: https://www.bitemybun.com/chicken-afritada-recipe/)
We have not been paid in any way to review or encourage any products referenced in these recipes. Do not feel any pressure to purchase ANYTHING you find here, or that we mention in our content. However, if you do decide to use these products for your own weight management, it does support our programs and content when you make a purchase using the links we’ve provided. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.February 10, 2022 3:56 pm