What Makes MHW Different?
Very few people come to Maryland Healthy Weighs as their first attempt at losing weight and getting healthier. We’ve seen it all before. In the weight loss world there are tons of different diets, exercise programs, pills and supplements, infomercial gadgets, and surgical procedures. The majority of it just doesn’t work at all. Sometimes you don’t lose any weight and sometimes you lose a little, only to end up gaining more than you lost in first place! It’s understandable that you would be skeptical of any new option you consider.
So what makes Maryland Healthy Weighs different?
- Our average participant loses around 40 pounds. Most are at their goal weight within 6 months of being consistent on the program*. If you follow the guidelines, it works. Read Donnie’s testimonial here where he lost 164 pounds!
The Positive Attitude
- Many diets ask you to cut back, eat less, choose smaller portions, and exercise self-control. This is a miserable way to lose weight. You are constantly thinking about what you CAN’T do. With MHW there is no maximum, no reliance on willpower, and no need to sit and watch other people enjoy themselves while you go hungry. Here, you’ll focus on the positive. What are you allowed to eat, and how would you like to do it? You set your own routine, and you customize your food choices to suit your needs. If you have a sweet tooth, you’ve got the BeneFit Bars to fill the craving. If you like a BIG dinner, you’re welcome to eat two entrees, plus a baked potato AND a cup of green beans. With any challenge or temptation, you always have an option. By focusing on the positive, the program doesn’t feel like a punishment. This way, you’re more likely to stick to it until you hit your goal, and you’re more likely to find solutions to help you maintain your weight loss for a lifetime.
- From the very beginning, we’ll give you a plan with clear guidelines for exactly what you need to do. Before you step on the scale each week, you will already know that you’ve done everything you needed to be successful. What’s more, the plan isn’t complicated at all. There’s no strict calorie counting. There’s no need to worry about researching nutrition facts for every individual food. There’s no intensive cooking or meal preparation. We are all about the fundamentals. Make it easy.
The Long-Term Focus
- No one wants to be on a diet forever. At some point, you’ll want to cook, go to restaurants and eat the foods that you enjoy. Most weight loss options are temporary. Once you hit your goal, you’re left on your own to figure out how to maintain your weight. This is when people are most likely fall back on old habits and that’s when the weight they lost starts creeping back. From the very beginning with MHW, we focus on practicing the skills to keep the weight off forever. There’s no fad, gimmick, or magic pill. As you get closer to hitting your goals, we’ll give you a long-term, structured plan for how you’ll maintain all of the progress you’ve made, and we’ll continue to work with you to make sure you succeed.
The Practical Support
- Everyone benefits by having a little outside involvement. Anyone on an MHW program has access to the Health Educators for ideas and recipes, motivation, and practical solutions for everyday challenges like movies, restaurants, and holidays. Through email, phone calls, and face-to-face meetings we are always there for you. There is no challenge our coaches haven’t seen before, and they are always willing to help. We won’t leave you to do this by yourself.
If you’re ready to begin your weight loss journey, the best way to get started is to attend a free Orientation session at our office in Cambridge, MD. This gives us an opportunity to walk you through all of the options in more detail, and gives you a chance to ask questions, and to sample some of our meal replacements before you commit. Give us a call at 443-205-4421 to schedule an Orientation. If you’ve already attended one of our Orientations, you’re ready to get started right away, or you’d just like to learn more about the process, start here.
Each HMR Program has different average weight-loss results. These are the results we get for people who completed between 12-26 weeks: 43-66 lbs. for the in-clinic Decision Free® plan (1), and 28-37.5 lbs. for the in-clinic Healthy Solutions® plan (2). Average weight loss for the Healthy Solutions® at Home program with phone coaching is 23 lbs. at 12 weeks and 28 lbs. at 26 weeks (3). There is no guarantee of specific results. Results can vary.
1 J Am Diet Assoc 2009; 109:1417-1421; Int J Obes 2007; 31:488-493; J Am Coll Nutr 2005; 24:347-353.
2 J Am Diet Assoc 2009;109:1417-1421; Postgrad Med 2011;123:205-213; Int J Obes 2007;31:1270-1276; Obes 2013;21:1951-1959.
3 Int J Obes 2007; 31:1270-1276; Obes 2013;21:1951-1959